1.24.2008

Stand

Dreaming of this life

I think it’s different

There should be a guitar

Or a avalanche of ideas

Some intellectual merit

Giving meaning to existence

At least meaning to ours

By and by we sit and think

Eternally falling and reborn

There instead lies electric misfortune

An intellect never expressed

Life unfulfilled and greased

Got to have more than that

After so long of simply

Being can’t there be a deepness

Ethereal, poetic or otherwise

Something to get me through

Turmoil in my mind

Uneasy whirlwind heartbeats

Dreaming of another life

Another place

The other road in the wood

Not the one I took

I am content where I stand

Yet long to be somewhere far

And there’s no one to catch me

If I choose to fall

Ground into dust

And there’s no one to support me

But myself and my ambitions

Empty notions of an empty mind

I keep this path I’m on

Close to the edge of happiness

Love, peace, and understanding

Insecurities are comforted

Nonsense put aside

True there isn’t deepness of my kin

But there’s so much more

Today at least, this is where I stand

No comments: