1.24.2008

Gone

Smell of cigarettes

Of pure tobacco pipe

Of cologne and finery

Hear the music wafting

In the air so sweet

As he sings

Devil may care

Saying goodbye

To someone who means

Means something that I cannot

Label tag and define

The epitome of a hopeless romantic

An artistic soul

A friend

And yet as I pull away

I see nothing

not the road

The lines or lights

Just a blur

As tears fall and sobs commence

Perhaps he is more than that

A symbol for what I wish I was

Or wish I had

I wipe the tears

The mascara lines

And make a face

Of happiness

For the one which I love

Who is unsure of this

Who does not believe

in the unconditional

he can’t understand

that I can love someone else

if only as a friend

I suppose I’ll fake it

For the sake of security

And commitment

Hopeless romanticism

Bound within and kept quiet

Never let it out

Until I explode

Guess we’ll see what happens

No comments: