4.30.2011

you say
i have a lack of
patience
that i anger
quickly
that i falter easily
that i wear
my emotions
on my sleeve
that i alienate
those around me
and myself
willingly
that the perceived perception of my reality
isn't the reality your perception's perceiving

like it's a bad thing.

you say
i'm defensive and
stubborn and
pessimistic and
elitist and
awkward like
it's a bad thing

like you've never
been beaten
been broken
been cheated
been mistreated
been misheard
been misunderstood
been neglected
been dejected

like you've never
been real
been alive
been lying
on the floor
dying and
had not a single soul
shed a tear

like you expect me
to take your naysaying nonsense
with the proverbial grain of salt
take a spoonful of sugar
with your medicinal doctrine
of benevolence and apathy
youre preaching
but i'm sorry
i have a god
and he most certainly
is not
you

i won't
pray
at the shrine
of your corporate idols
and your
status quo
won't infiltrate the
fortress of my mind

instead of trying to
fix me
why don't you get to
know me
understand
that red hair might mean i'm fiesty
but this is not my natural hair color
and i might cross my arms
because it makes me feel safe
and held like i never was
and i might be defensive
because it's the only way to survive
when you're being thrown down a flight of stairs
and i might not have patience
because waiting around
will only get you killed
and i might be defiant
but have you ever looked around
at a crumbling world
and held the answer on the tip of your tongue
but you couldn't speak
because you have breasts

yeah

i didn't think so

judge not
lest ye
be judged
yet there you are
writing numbers down
on paper
that define my whole existance
as you know it
standardized testing
made for mice in a maze
applied to my very human form
and you don't seem
to look
at the girl
behind these glasses


and you don't
seem
to care
that i
i
i am not a number


No comments: