4.30.2011

my father
used to tell
this story
when he was
younger
he punched
my grandmother
and the judge
told him
his only crime
was using a closed
fist

so excuse me
if i'm angry
at the world
and excuse me
if i have all
this
pent up
aggression
and it might
be a weakness
to blame it
on the pretense
but

when it's all
you've ever known
and it's how
you learned
to grow
can you expect
me to be
anything but
angery
when this
world's never
been
my stage
and i'm so
pent up
with rage
and you make
the mistake
of making it
with me
can you blame
the consequence
on anyone
but yourself
when i put
you
on a shelf
and i put
me
in the front
of every-one
else
but you see
it's like this
it's dirty
and insane
and mundane
and it's nothin
that you've
ever
seen before
and yet
this refrain
rolls around
in your brain
it's exactly
the same
as it was yesterday
and repeat
and deny
you fall down
and you cry
that the world
can't see you
or all you hope to do
build em up
build em high
block out
the sun
refute the sky
circle round
for the day
you make the
same mistake

inevitability

No comments: