4.30.2011

Listening to slam
artists
for two hours
and...
I feel even less
Inspired
Than I did
Yesterday
or was it
the day before?

turning
stumbling
and I can't help
wondering why
I can't create
some emulator
to encompass my
shortcomings
and deliver them
to you
free form

and i can't help wondering
why
i can't
spill the words together
in the heather
landscape of my mind
and have you
snap
for me

for me
the girl that no one
notices
the girl that
no one
sees

the girl that's
writing
working
praying
remaining
barely a figment
of your half baked
imagination

when reminiscing
i though i had
so much
talent
so much
promise
and i held on to this notion
that I could be
bigger
better
than my surroundings
bigger
better
than myself
than those
around me
and i have this pent up aggression
this lack of
patience
and i type
fast and i talk
fast and i
anger quickly
and i won't wait
for you to
make up your mind

for you to
discard me
like you did
yesterday
or, was it
the day before?

No comments: